Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Hiking


We decided to take advantage of the reasonably warm weather on Saturday to go walk around in the canyon. We took some lunch and headed out down the paved trail at the mouth of Provo Canyon. So maybe it's more of a running trail and we were only out for a stroll, but we saw some nature. That's what's really important here. Ty has been working so hard and such long hours lately, that it was a stress relief to get out with the family. We climbed up hills and crawled over rocks and visited the bank of a river. I couldn't ask for a better Saturday. Alli and Maddie love to throw rocks in a river, so we spent a good amount of time doing just that. Here's Maddie showing us her rock: This is her throwing her rock: (notice the rock flying through the air by her feet- my camara caught something in motion, I can't believe it.) And this is Maddie picking up the next rock. This really could go on all day.














5 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Cute! We love going up to the canyon too!! It's such a stress reliever and a nice getaway!!

Unknown said...

Way to make the best of a great day. I'm always impressed when people CHOOSE to go hiking. That is my idea of some form of torture. Ha ha. (I guess that is the Jackie in me, huh?) Glad you guys enjoyed it!! ;-)

Cami said...

so fun. I am getting spring fever for sure! What a great idea.

mikeandash said...

Fun! I'm getting excited to get outside again.

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! You are doing a great job in raising your daughter.