Thursday, April 9, 2009

Something for Nothing

Today I would like to make a tribute to free stuff. I love free stuff! When I first started couponing, it seemed to take forever before something was free. Finally, after two months, excedrin went on sale and it was free. I had to go to three stores to find it in stock, but I was determined to get something for nothing. That was almost a year ago, and I still have three of them sitting proudly on my shelf. I can't bear to use them because they've become sentimental to me. I'm a nut, I know.

But last week I could barely keep up with all the stuff that was free. I even missed out on some things because I just couldn't get to the store to "buy" them. In conference last week they called the "something for nothing" attitude prideful, and it's so true. But honestly, if you call driving around to eight stores and fastidioulsy storing away coupons like a certified pack rack nothing, then so be it. Judge me how you will. I can take it. I'll just be at home eating my free stuff and thinking about how much money is still in my grocery budget.

Pictured above:
$30 worth of albertson's deli meat
8 croissants
2 dozen eggs
5 quaker rice cakes
3 dial hand soaps
5 bags of halls cough drops
8 mentos gum packages
5 wrigley's gum packages

Plus there were the six boxes of post cereal, the $18 ham, and the 4 packages of diapers, but I ran out of room on my table... All free, free, free.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Way to Go Sierra! Free is awesome. :)

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Good for you! It seems like whenever I would coupon the only thing I could get for free was junk food! Good for you for finding things that are better for you than Betty Crocker stuff!!

Mer Swift said...

Honestly, I don't really understand how you pull this off. Do you seriously get a coupon for "free" or do you have to spend a certain amount or buy something else in order to get the free stuff?

SweetAbbs said...

Look at you go. You have passed me and kicked my butt when it comes to couponing!