Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lauren, my friend, it's been ten years. Whenever I think of high school, I think of your smile and your pink lipstick. Always glamorous, even at the beach. We had some fun times together then. Now I hardly recognize you. I wish I had known that you were so sad. I wish I had been a real friend to you.

A real friend would have told you that God had a plan for you and that he loved you individually. A real friend wouldn't have kept everything I know about God and heaven and life to myself. I wish you were here again so I could tell you that we come to this earth to get a body so we can learn about happiness. I remember a time when you were happy, and someday I think you'll see that it was always there all around you. I let you down, mistakenly thinking that you were living your life your way and I was living mine and that you would find your own happiness in life. Now you are gone, and I am very very sorry, for whatever that is worth.

May God Bless you and take away your pain.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Very thoughtful and sweet post, Sierra. You really have a way with words. :)

Kylie Blackwell said...

speechless...

Anne Marie said...

How sad. I'm so sorry about your friend.