Monday, February 9, 2009

Ball Pit Bubble Bath


I've known this day was coming for a year now. Anyone who has ever put one foot inside a Chucky Cheese's is aware of the problem. It's the balls. They stink. So when I hauled that $20 dollar clearance Easy Peasy ball pit up to the check out at Target last year, I thought, "This is an awesome deal, but some day I might regret this." That day was today.

My ball pit wouldn't stink. Not in my house. After all, my kids bathe and change socks every day, so why would that McDonald's Play Land mustiness invade my ball pit? I don't know, but it's happened. You know how you can smell everything just after you shower? Well, I had just taken a shower this morning when I was nearly knocked down by the smell in my living room.

I immediately decided to give the balls a bubble bath in my jetted tub. I figured the jets would work kind of like the swishing of the washing machine. I cannot even express how much fun this was. If laundry was like rolling brightly colored balls in mounds of bubbles, I'd do it every day and not complain.

Rinsing off the bubbles wasn't so fun, though, and I realized that a Clorox bath would have been more practical (but certainly not as fun).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That is one of those tedious (sp?)chores that I REFUSE to do. I would much rather just throw the balls away. Love your tub!

Kylie Blackwell said...

that looks like a fun tub, and then throw in the balls, now thats my kind of party! Haha, your just such a cute mom!

Cami said...

I actually enjoy laundry a lot, so I bet this would have been a BLAST!! And good for you for cleaning them so you can have a pristine ball pit. I am proud of you. :0) You're an inspiration to us all.

Brooke said...

What a creative cleaning method! I would have just spent some quality time spraying Lysol and called it a day!

I found you through Meredith. Fun to see your cute girls!!