Friday, February 4, 2011

The Masquerade Ball

Not just paper faces on parade, but little carefree girls dressed in feather boas, huge fake rubys, and masquerade masks they made themselves. This is what life is about: dancing like mad around the living room with all your friends to the sounds of Kidz Bop.
Then it was on to the fancy dinner on black-tie paper plates, complete with pizza and jell-o. That's about as fancy as my kids get. Even though I would have loved to make a picture perfect Martha-Stewart style kid meal, I knew it was a waste of my time. At least they had the plates...

The masquerade wasn't over yet, though. Next Alli put on her diva crown to open up some cool gifts and eat cake and junk food.

Why can't adults have parties like that? It was so fun, I almost wanted to be seven again. I'm still trying to figure out why feather boas are strictly for Kids and Vegas. They're "SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!" (That's from the Despicable Me movie they watched later on.) Yes, a masquerade was just the thing, and as always, I can't wait till my next party fix.

1 comment:

Mer Swift said...

SO cute! I love the idea! And plates and masks...all of it.
I want to watch Despicable Me! I heard it's fun.