Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wonder Child

Well, Alli has graduated from Pre-school. She loved every minute of it, even though she already knew how to read two years ago when she started. That's one of the things I love so much about her. She is insanely smart and yet has no qualms about learning letters with the rest of the kids. I don't think she really understands how amazing she is, and, frankly, I'd like to keep it that way.

The other day I walked into her bedroom to find her finishing up the last page of a Nancy Drew book my Mom bought her. I told her Alli liked the elementary school version called ''The Clue Crew" but apparantly she didn't know what I meant and bought the "Mystery in the Old Clock Tower" instead. It was 135 pages of old english. Well, not like Chaucer old, but you know what I mean. Being of a skeptical nature, I sat down and quizzed her. She told me all about the secret passage way and the ghost that wasn't really a ghost. Where did this kid come from? She is five right? I didn't mistake her birthday? Or maybe she is related to Benjamin Button.

Anyway, she astounds me. I don't know what to do with her, but I love her to bits.

4 comments:

Amy Jensen said...

I think for sure related to Benjamin Button because you see my child Easton is "just smart" Alli brings it to a whole new level. I can't believe her she is amazing. If she likes Nancy Drew I have a whole collection that is all I read (I would like to say when I was her age but try like five years later). Grandma Hansen gave them to me every year for Christmas or my birthday, so let me know.

Cami said...

I think she is amazing! Oh The Places She'll Go! It's kind of sad to think that in a few years she will be smarter than me! No fair! :) Congrats on her graduation! I hope she gets in to Lakeview!

Unknown said...

You know that she is totally your daughter. You can take all the credit.

Mer Swift said...

How cute. Love her.