Thursday, December 18, 2008

Conversations with Alli: Part II


Alli, always on the cutting edge of vocabulary, has changed a few things around lately. Knowing her, it seems like she must be doing it on purpose. I can't really imagine she doesn't know the difference, especially when I've told her a few times. She's goofy sometimes and likes to make mistakes on purpose.

"I'm going to shuffle the drive, mom."

"Let's watch that smoofie dog on Charlie Brown."

During a pretend trip to the ice-skating rink, Alli said: "You better be on your best behave, Maddie, or you can't skate." This is all the funnier because I've never ever said that momism to her before.

This month Maddie has also been working on her vocabulary, and we laugh at her all day long. She can now string two words together to make small sentences. The first was, "Daddy's... home." She says each word in the sentence as if it is standing alone, so there is a little pause inbetween. She can also say "C'mon...Alli" and "No...Bed!"

4 comments:

wade said...

That picture of Ty and the girls is really cute. Who took it?

mikeandash said...

I love that picture! I hadn't seen that one. Fun Christmas times!

Unknown said...

Alli is hilarious. I know I've said it lots, but your girls are beautiful! Have a merry christmas!

Cami said...

What a cute picture of Ty and your girls. Also, sooo funny, the kids things say. I love it. Thanks for the smiles.