Sunday, October 26, 2008

Little Witches


We had our ward Halloween party last night, and I took a few pictures of the girls in their Halloween costumes. Alli decided last week that she wanted to be a witch, based on a song she sang in school called "I'm a little fat witch, my name is rose" sung to the tune of "I'm a little teapot." My sister in law, Alicia, let me borrow these costumes that her girls wore two years ago for Halloween. She added a lot of the pizazz herself, so they are quite fun.


At the party we had chili and played games at the church. Then our bishopric had a pie eating contest and the only sad part, for me, was that I didn't get to shove my face in a huge pudding pie as well. After all, the dessert was all gone by the time I made it to the front of the line. Shoot. Maybe at my Grandma's party this year there will be a pie eating contest...I've always wanted to be ear deep in whipped cream and yummy pie, but it just hasn't happened for me yet.

Our friends, Rick and Lorien, are in China this week getting their little boy after years of paperwork and spending money hand over fist on adoption necessities. They toured the Forbidden City and the Great Wall yesterday, and flew to Lanzhou today, I think, to pick up Luke. We talked to them for 2cents a minute on skype the other day. It was so cool because it didn't even seem like they were on the other side of the world. Technology has come a long way since I was in China almost ten years ago.



We talked for free over the internet then as well, but there was a three second delay and it was hard to hear. It would go like this:

"Hi..."
"Hello?" "Oh, Hi"
"How are y...What? Oh, yeah Hello."

After a few exchanges like this, the person on the other end would feign a technology malfunction and hang up in frustration.

3 comments:

Mer Swift said...

Those pictures are adorable! I love them!

Unknown said...

Those have got to be the cutest witches costumes I've ever seen. Adorable!!

Annie said...

So sorry about the dessert situation. I was really disappointed with the small quantities people brought-that is never suppose to happen...run out of dessert at a ward function-blasphemy! You're girls looked so adorable, I didn't even get a chance to see them it was so chaotic.