Sunday, May 4, 2008

My first blog

It feels a little strange to broadcast my life before the world at large, but everyone else is doing it, so why not me...I've always been one to follow the crowd. Actually, I like to think I'm authentic in every way, but let's be honest: we are all influenced by life. Plus, blogging is the new e-mail. Even I'm not that stubborn and have to concede that, yes, I need a blog in just the same way that I need cable and a gym membership-- to remain connected, not only in my daily life, but to those that mostly only exist to me now in cyberspace: college room-mates, extended family, and misc. old friends. To all of you, I say welcome to my world, up close and as personal as the internet can make it.

1 comment:

Mer Swift said...

So, I love this introductory post...I just read it again, and had to let you know. It really is interesting that blogging has become such a fad, and we do it in order to stay connected and know about the everyday happenings of people's lives that we care about, but maybe otherwise wouldn't have contact. And yes, I'll admit there are even a few people that I (unbeknownst to them) blogstalk. It really is just evidence of my boredom in life right now.